Manager, Process, Planning,
Whitehorse - Yukon (YT),
Applications for this position are being accepted until Thursday, March 5, 2020.
Reporting to Associate Director, Contact Centre, this position works with the other managers in Consumer Markets and across the organization to maintain a stable production environment including comprehensive documentation, implementing new processes and procedures to meet corporate objectives delivering a quality customer experience.
This position is responsible for designing, developing, evolving and supporting programs, quality and service delivery processes, systems and initiatives, which align with and incorporate Northwestel’s strategic objectives. The primary focus is assessing proposed changes with internal and external contacts and project teams to determine the feasibility and impacts on the customer service operation. This involves facilitating cross-departmental discussions in decision-making relating to business and technical requirements for the rollout of new processes or improvements to existing processes.
- Assess business impacts of corporate and operational business changes on the customer service teams. Responsible for gathering departmental requirements and act as business prime on project teams. Create and implement change management strategies and plans to maximize employee adoption and usage that minimizes resistance.
- Support the production environment by becoming the customer service process/applications functional expert. Providing clarification and changes to customer serving processes and policies to the support team to update documentation/ Intranet site.
- Investigate current process flows and analyze cause and effect relationships. Develop process and procedure improvements based on analysis.
- Assist and consult with Operational Customer Service Managers with troubleshooting activities for complex issues related to delivery of service for our customers conducting root cause analysis and developing an action plan.
- Assist the Customer Service Management Team with day to day operations when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- This position requires an undergraduate degree, preferably in business OR one to three years related experience in process improvement in customer service management in telecommunications or related industry is required.
- Experience in change management and business transition is an asset.
- Training experience (in design and development) or course work in the training and development field is an asset.
- Intermediate level of proficiency using spreadsheet and word processing packages (e.g. MS Excel and MS Word) is required. Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Access (or similar application databases) is an asset.
- Broad knowledge of products & services offered by telecommunication companies and their end-to-end service delivery processes is an asset.
- Demonstrated competency in analysis, research, problem solving, project management, organizational/planning, communication (oral, written, presentation and listening) and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Experience with iGrafx or Visio is an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.