Manager, Health Promotion
Whitehorse - Yukon (YT),
Kwanlin Dun First Nation
Estimated salary $16.63 an hour
Healthcare And Social Services
Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness, and based out of the Natsékhi Kų̀ Health Centre, the Manager of Health Promotion is responsible for developing and implementing an integrated and comprehensive series of, health promotion, illness prevention and harm reduction services to citizens and families that range in the life continuum from pre-conception through to adulthood. This includes overseeing a comprehensive Healthy Baby Healthy Generation program for parents and children, overseeing a walk-in nursing clinic and physician services, Community food security strategy, immunization program, sexually transmitted and blood bourne illness services, as well as leading the Health & Wellness department in advocacy for cultural safety in healthcare.
- · Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 5 years progressive nursing experience, preferably in the north.
- · Yukon Registered Nursing Association Registration (in good standing) and Certificate Immunization Competency (CIC) or willing to obtain within 2 months.
- · Considerable experience delivering community-based health and social programs;
- · Knowledge of and experience with health promotion, harm reduction, outreach services and population health concepts including the broad social determinants of health, impacts of residential school, addiction and trauma.
- · Recent relevant management experience; minimum of 2 years
- Experience working in partnership with other agencies including Health Canada, territorial partners, child welfare, and other First Nations including funding provisions and regulatory requirements.
An equivalent combination of education, training, certifications and significant experience will be equally considered.
A sound knowledge of Indigenous people’s social determinates of health, holistic health and population health approach in a community context and a familiarity with KDFN history, culture and aspirations is required for success.
Note: selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume
Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) and statement of good standing; Certificate of Immunization Competency (or willingness to obtain CIC within 2 months of hire)
Conditions of Employment & Job Requirements: First Aid & CPR; Satisfactory pre-employment RCMP Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search; Valid Yukon Driver’s License; Immunization Record; TB Test; Food Safe Level 1 (or willingness to obtain within 3 months of hire); Current Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
Job Requirements: Occasional overtime including weekend work; exposure to second hand smoke; exposure to animals; heavy lifting and bending; exposure to latex products and other irritants
Additional Application Instructions