Whitehorse - Yukon (YT),
Mount Nansen Mine Site, Yukon - Full-Time Permanent (Fly-in fly-out eligible)
About the Role
Reporting to the Site Services Manager, the Site Supervisor is responsible to oversee the care and maintenance of the Mount Nansen mine site including the construction, commissioning and operation of a water treatment facility. The Site Supervisor will also support at various times other projects at the same site.
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and worker safety compliance;
- Oversee the construction, commissioning and operation of a water treatment facility which includes the operation and maintenance of the water treatment facility.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of a closed mine site.
- Ensure plant operations, performance, and reporting requirements conform to operating standards and procedures, and initiate control process adjustments in response to changing conditions
- Provide weekly, and monthly Operational reports
- Supervise water treatment operators and site services staff
- Develop or aid in the development of standard operating procedures, safety procedures and training,
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and professional development opportunities for direct reports
- Troubleshoot operations and maintenance issues and concerns.
- Periodic inspections of equipment to monitor proper performance of operations.
- Identify and recommend improvements to operations to ensure assigned functions are efficient and cost effective.
- Works with Principal in Charge to ensures resources and dependencies are identified and assigned to the project.
- Support the engineering design of water management solutions through design reviews.
- Supports risk analysis and risk reviews.
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a related diploma, degree, trade certificate or water treatment plant operator certificate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction/operations and site supervision.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience water or wastewater treatment plant operations.
- Is in possession of a current Driver’s License.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ensero has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is well established as an innovative leader in environmental management, water treatment, remediation technologies, and facility operations. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.