Lead Operator - Seasonal Role (April to November)
Whitehorse - Yukon (YT),
Wolverine Mine Site, Yukon – Seasonal April to November (Fly-in fly-out eligible)
About the Role
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Lead Operator is responsible for day to day operation of a water treatment plant and other care and maintenance activities at a closed mine site.
- Lead the operation of a water treatment facility which includes the operation and maintenance of all equipment.
- Monitor and maintain various water treatment equipment.
- Optimize plant performance and troubleshoot upset conditions
- Perform plant quality control tasks including manual process parameters and prepare water samples for transport and analysis
- Support plant process improvement test work and maintenance activities
- Support general care and maintenance activities on site including maintenance of site pumps, distribution systems (water, electrical and fuel), communication systems, buildings, and roadways.
- Maintain all on-site equipment in good and safe working order by performing regular inspections, maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure the cleanliness/safety of the site
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly sampling, inspections and monitoring of tailings area, ponds, and water from various sources at site.
- Prepare daily/monthly/quarterly summary reports of site operation.
- Other related duties as required.
- Level III Wastewater Treatment Certificate an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction/operations/site maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience water or wastewater treatment plant operations.
- Good general experience in equipment maintenance and mechanical aptitude.
- Is in possession of a current Driver’s License.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ensero has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is well established as an innovative leader in environmental management, water treatment, remediation technologies, and facility operations. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.