Lead Operator (Seasonal)
Whitehorse - Yukon (YT),
Wolverine Mine Site, Yukon – Seasonal April to November (Fly-in fly-out eligible)
Ensero Solutions is an environmental consulting and remediation business with specific expertise in environmental assessments, active/passive water treatment, microbiological testing, radiological services, and turnkey remediation services for the mining industry and broader industrial sectors. At Ensero, we get the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment and people’s lives. We’re building a culture where people can grow their careers and are challenged to solve our client’s toughest environmental problems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Lead Operator is responsible for day to day operation of a water treatment plant and other care and maintenance activities at a closed mine site.
- Lead the operation of a water treatment facility which includes the operation and maintenance of pumps, hoses, air compressor, clarifiers, reactor tanks, agitators, pipelines, etc.
- Monitor and maintain various water treatment equipment including influent ponds/pipelines, lime/caustic precipitation reactor, lamella clarifier, sludge collection and dewatering, and all related processes
- Optimize plant performance and troubleshoot upset conditions
- Perform plant quality control tasks including manual process parameters (pH, Turbidity, Density, etc) and prepare water samples for transport and analysis
- Support plant process improvement test work and maintenance activities
- Support general care and maintenance activities on site including maintenance of site pumps, distribution systems (water, electrical and fuel), communication systems, buildings, and roadways.
- Maintain all on-site equipment in good and safe working order by performing regular inspections, maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure the cleanliness/safety of the site
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly sampling, inspections and monitoring of tailings area, ponds, and water from various sources at site.
- Prepare daily/monthly/quarterly summary reports of site operation.
- Other related duties as required.
- Level III Wastewater Treatment Certificate an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction/operations/site maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience water or wastewater treatment plant operations.
- Good general experience in equipment maintenance and mechanical aptitude.
- Is in possession of a current Driver’s License.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please apply through our online job portal at www.ensero.com/careers.
Ensero has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is well established as an innovative leader in environmental management, water treatment, remediation technologies, and facility operations. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Fly-In/Fly-Out