Coordinator, IT Project
Whitehorse - Yukon (YT),
City of Whitehorse
Estimated salary $18.93 - $21.51 an hour
Job posting closes: Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 5:00pm (MST)
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full – time, permanent part-time, temporary full – time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies based on the requirements of the organization within the same classification. Future vacancies for similar positions will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
IT Project Coordinator
Job Code: 273
Department: Business & Technology Systems
The incumbent performs planning, organizing, implementation, coordination, and communication for the City’s information technology projects and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the implementation of assigned IT projects, work packages and tasks. Assist the Manager of BTS or designated IT project manager in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing of IT programs and projects.
- Develop project plans that align major activities, key deliverables and milestones; develop project timelines and schedules; develop resource plans; etc.
- Ensure all requirements, project plans, scope, schedule/timelines, and changes to commitments are agreed upon, documented and communicated to all relevant stakeholders. Review and manage project changes through a formally defined change control process.
- Coordinate and meet regularly with project stakeholders to obtain buy-in, track progress, discuss project changes, and resolve project issues.
- Perform problem and risk management: detect early, track, resolve, and mitigate problems and risks to maintain commitment to key target dates and to achieving milestones.
- Ensures project resources (internal and external) are utilized effectively and efficiently. Manage relationships with vendors/suppliers and service providers; monitor their performance and compliance with contracts and agreements.
- Perform project administrative tasks including scheduling stakeholder engagements and meetings, documenting decisions and meeting outcomes (minutes), drafting timely project reports, processing quotes, purchase orders and invoices.
- Coordinate and organize key elements of post-implementation trainings and communication campaigns (participants, logistics, equipment, facilities, etc.).
- Adhere to IT Service Management (ITSM) and Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles and project management methodology and best practices
- Coordinate, prepare, process and evaluate purchasing instruments (i.e. RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, purchase orders, etc.) in compliance with procurement practices
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Business, Project Management, Information Technology, or a computer-related field.
- Industry standard certification (ITIL, PMP, CAPM, COBIT, Prince2, etc.)
- 3 years' advanced experience in information technology systems implementation, IT project management, and 6 months on the job training.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure, attention to details and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little supervision yet with a strong sense of teamwork.
- Strong client-service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Computer hardware such as desktop and laptop computers and peripherals, tablets, mobile devices, and printers
Computer software such as Microsoft Windows operating systems, MS Office suite, SharePoint, Project, Visio, iOS, Android, enterprise software, corporate systems, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected]
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.