Security Agent - Chateau Lake Louise - Alberta
Canada - Yukon (YT),
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - Alberta
Estimated salary $20.33 - $22.17 an hour
Starting salary at $20.33 per hour, $22.17 per hour after your first year. Affordable accommodation provided starting at $17.00 per day with one free cafeteria meal every working day.
Visit www.lakelouisejobs.com for Lifestyle information.
Security Services Agent
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a world famous resort located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies on the banks of majestic Lake Louise. Our location and popularity create many situations where the prompt and professional intervention of our security team is critical. We are looking for a “security professional”. Our setting demands that the right candidate will be experienced in Emergency first aid, loss prevention, fire safety, and guest service.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Perform property patrols observing, reporting, and correcting safety and security deficiencies.
- Respond to medical emergency calls and provide basic first aid and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with local medical protocols.
- Respond to fire emergency calls and provide evacuation and initial fire control measures.
- Respond to complaints and requests for assistance in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Provide assistance to all scenes or liaise with outside agencies to ensure that assistance is received.
- Provide reports through written documentation of all incidents, events and actions taken during the course of a shift.
- Check inventories and status of equipment/vehicles to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial statutes and regulations, and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
- Administrative functions as related to the normal course of duties, i.e., filing, report distribution photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Maintain integrity and continuity of lost and found articles as well as securing and releasing of found property in accordance with hotel policy and legal requirements.
- May be required to testify (criminal or civil) in court.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any information or action required in the course of duties in accordance with corporate and legal requirements.
- Review files and shift logs of previous shifts to ensure awareness of activities and events from previous shifts.
- Locking and unlocking doors in accordance with established schedules and ongoing monitoring of any change in status.
- Oral reporting to relief shifts (debriefing) and/or supervisory personnel as required and contribute to departmental meetings.
- Assist outside agencies as outlined in hotel policy, i.e.: hotel insurers, police, fire, ambulance and wardens.
- Provide transportation to medical facilities both locally at to the town site of Banff in accordance with departmental policy.
- Provide initial investigations and follow-up to complaints and incidents.
- Contribute towards the goals and objectives of the department, hotel and corporation.
- On call for emergency
Your experience and skills include:
- Must possess and maintain Advanced Level II/Emergency Medical Responder first aid and Level ‘C’ Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CRR). Allowances will be made for candidates who agree to obtain this certification – Standard level first aid with level ‘C’ CPR would be the minimum hire criteria with no exceptions.
- Law and Security Administration diploma or related program, or minimum of 5 years security experience.
- Computer literacy to a level allowing the ability to compose and edit typed documents in word processing software. Basic file management skills including the ability to save, rename, move, copy and attach files to electronic mail systems. Working knowledge of Windows 95/98, and Microsoft Word and excel.
- Must possess the ability to deal with stress and prioritise critical tasks, must work well under pressure.
- Calm responsible manner and an effective communicator – oral and written.
- Must be able to work shifts and be considered on-call for emergencies when available.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and contribute to team objectives.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Fire protection/suppression background is an asset.
- Valid Alberta driver's licence and a current driver's abstract must be submitted (maximum 4 demerits).
- Class 4 Driver’s License preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record and security clearance check.
- Self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.33-$22.17 per hour
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- 12 hour shift
- Greeting visitors, checking visitors in and out
- Securing assigned posts
- Patrolling on foot
- Patrolling in a vehicle
- Answering phones
- Preparing reports
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place