Customer Support Representative (Customer Administration)
Yorkton - Saskatchewan (SK),
Location - YORKTON
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 03/01/2020 to be considered for this opportunity.
The employee in this classification is responsible to act as the primary contact for internal and external customers and is responsible for the maintenance, coordination and communication in response to customer account and billing inquiries, concerns, complaints, outage notifications and requests for new services. This position may be required to rotate through various functions as required by the department and/or corporation.
- Provide front line service and information to customers and the public concerning corporate services, rates, regulations and policies for both telephone and in-person inquiries
- Receive, investigate and respond to customer inquiries, complaints and outage notifications and direct to the appropriate resource when necessary
- Receive payments, issue refunds, prepare invoices and initiate contact for the production and collection of payments
- Provide excellent customer services to internal and external customers, while following corporate quality guidelines
- Determine customer needs by utilizing precise questioning techniques
- Maintain a working knowledge of departmental systems, processes, policies and procedures and identify and recommend areas of improvement
- Receive, distribute and prepare incoming and outgoing communications both internal and external to the corporation
- Maintain files and records associated with the department
- Assist with the development of training for the department
- Perform general accounting and financial functions as required
- Participate in continuous educational and professional development as required
- Other related and assigned duties
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Certificate or Program in Business Administration or Accounting, or equivalent AND/OR;
- Two (2) years of administrative and/or customer service experience utilizing standard corporate software applications (Microsoft Office Suite), or equivalent
- Ability to cooperate and deal tactfully with other staff and the public
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Ability to implement and make sound decisions
- Ability to use standard corporate software applications (Microsoft, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to provide extraordinary customer service for all internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
This positions falls with in the scope of the Unifor Local 649.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 03/01/2020.