Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
St. Brieux - Saskatchewan (SK),
Bourgault Industries is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Officer to join our team at our main production facilities in St. Brieux, SK.
The HSE Officer’s role is to support and promote Bourgault Industries’ HSE management system, including support and education for Tier IV supervisors and others throughout the organization. This includes resolving employees’ health, safety and environmental concerns, ensuring employees receive safety training, reducing the occurrence of high-risk incidents, and distribution of safety-related information throughout the company. A proactive, influential approach to managing all aspects of working safely is absolutely required.
- Receive, consider and assist with resolution of matters related to the health and safety of workers
- Verify that appropriate information, equipment and training are provided to ensure a safe and healthy workplace
- Continually monitor and work with supervisors to reduce the incidence and severity of work-related accidents and health impairment through the integration of safety orientation and education into Bourgault training programs
- Ensure information regarding the health and safety of employees is made available to the joint health & safety committee.
- Ensure access to all policies, procedures and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS), and ensure that the information is current
- Assist leaders, supervisors and team members in any way required to deal with HSE matters
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and update individuals in the organization on regulatory changes as required.
- Perform administrative duties including updating safety boards, collecting and reviewing safety audits
- Maintain the Bourgault OH&S Program Policy, Emergency Response Plans, COR and Environmental compliance
- Conduct risk assessments and JHA’s to ensure preventative measures are in place
- Conduct ergonomic assessment and training
- Formal training in occupational health & safety is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Up to date knowledge of environmental regulations is essential.
- Up to date knowledge of current OHS standards, provincial and federal regulations and best practices for safety and environmental in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of lean principles and practices is an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
Bourgault offers competitive pay, health & dental benefits, a health spending account, company-wide profit sharing, and more! Apply now to join our world-class team!
- Please apply early as the position may be filled before the deadline. Thank you for your interest!