Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Verdient Foods Inc.
Verdient Foods, a major plant-based protein food ingredient company, is currently seeking a Shipping/Receiving Operator to join their growing team in Saskatchewan.
The Shipping/Receiving Operator will ship and receive product, supplies, materials, and equipment, and maintain inventory control and records; perform related work.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Receive and unload freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
· Check for damaged goods
· Verify quantity and quality of order
· Prepare product for shipment
· Understand and follow plant operating procedures for the shipping and receiving areas which includes rail car
movement and bulk storage operations.
· Operate machinery which will include, but is not limited to a forklift, man lift and rail car mover
· Maintain a clean facility and follow the sanitation schedule completing all tasks as assigned
· Provide a high level of customer service and maintain a professional presence at all times
· Assure timely and accurate daily
sample results are documented
· Confers and corresponds with supervisors to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and
nonconformance to specifications.
· Performs various other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Plant Manager.
· High school diploma
· Prefer minimum of (2) years experience in a shipping/receiving position; forklift experience
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
· Basic computer skills
We offer an attractive compensation package that will be commensurate based on experience, knowledge, and skills within the food manufacturing industry.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Disability insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Type: Permanent
- shipping: 2 years (Preferred)