Digital Design Assistant
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
University of Saskatchewan
Digital Design Assistant (req5489)Department: College of Arts&Science-DnOffc
Employment Group: Graduate Students - PSAC
Posted Date: 2/21/2020
Closing Date: 2/27/2020
Number of Openings: 1
Rate of Pay: See current rates of pay
Required Number of Hours: 5-10 hours per week
Duration of Employment: March 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
In the appointment of Digital Design Assistant, your general duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- 3D scanning of art objects and artifacts
- Editing of 3D models, including: touching-up and repairing textures, stitching scanned sections together, and preparing and exporting completed 3D models into the file formats required for viewing or use in additional applications such as animation software
- Training of students, artists, and members of the public at large in the processes of 3D scanning through both photogrammetry and the use of a 3D laser scanner
- Preparation of AR experiences, including uploading of 3D models, animations, and photographs, as well as trigger images
- Training of students, artists, and members of the public at large in the processes of creating augmented reality experiences
- Your general location of work will be McLean Hall 15
- You will report to Michael Peterson.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities)
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Archaeology or a related field
- Proficiency with AgiSoft Metashape
- Proficiency with photogrammetry
- Proficiency with NextEngine Laser Scanner
- Proficiency with augmented reality software including Augment and BlippAR
- Must be registered in a graduate program.
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and curriculum vitae by email to [email protected] no later than February 27, 2020. Inquiries for this position can be directed to Michael Peterson.
Where a graduate student is appointed to this position, it will be in scope of PSAC.