Seasonal Building Materials Clerk-Part-Time (Internal Refere...
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Saskatoon Co-operative Association Ltd.
Estimated salary $20.14 - $23.56 an hour
Saskatoon Co-op invites applications for the position of a Part-Time, Seasonal Building Materials Clerk at the Avenue C Home Centre in Saskatoon, SK.
Reporting to the Unit Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- To come to work with a positive, professional approach and attitude.
- To be dependable for all scheduled shifts.
- To actively approach customers in a friendly and helpful manner offering help and service as may be required and to actively and aggressively sell merchandise handled by the Home Centre with primary emphasis on building material lines.
- To open and close the Home Centre as directed by the Unit and/or Merchandising Manager.
- To supervise and train staff in the general operation of assigned sections, as directed by the Unit Manager and/or Merchandising Manager.
- To review and act on various P.O.S. reports as they pertain to the section and as directed by the Merchandising Manager.
- To become familiar with all lines of merchandise handled in the Home Centre and to constantly maintain a high level of product knowledge.
- To provide estimates for customers' building projects and to actively and aggressively sell merchandise from such estimates.
- To assume responsibility for a designated section of
- Must be strongly service oriented and motivated, and capable of serving and assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Must be prepared to increase product knowledge and improve selling techniques through special courses, product clinics and training sessions.
- Must possess Junior Estimating Certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess sufficient knowledge of Hardware and Building materials in order to effectively operate in all areas of the department.
- Must possess a minimum of two to four years’ experience in Hardware and Building Materials.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to fulfill physical job requirements including: lifting and carrying of 50-75 lbs of force occasionally, 10-20 lbs of force constantly, and the ability to climb ladders.
- Must be able to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Deadline: April 15, 2021