Pharmacy Technician - FT - Safeway 4285 - Saskatoon SK
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Estimated salary $60,172 - $81,196 a year
Requisition ID: 130023
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Saskatchewan (CA-SK)
Location: 4285 Preston & Louise FreshCo Pharm
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
The Registered Pharmacy Technician position is a regulated position that requires the individual to be licensed with the provincial college of pharmacy. In addition to all duties that can be performed by a pharmacy assistant, the RPT is able to conduct some restricted activities under the indirect supervision of a pharmacist. The authorized duties of the technician are limited by legal restrictions imposed by individual Provincial Pharmacy Regulatory Bodies. It is essential that both pharmacists and pharmacy technicians clearly understand which functions and duties may be performed by the RPT and which duties may not be undertaken by the RPT.
RPT’s will have independent authority, responsibility and liability (required by
- receive and transcribe verbal prescriptions from practitioners, (with the exception of verbal narcotic prescriptions and benzodiazepines)
- ensure that a prescription is complete and authentic
- transfer prescriptions to and receive prescriptions from other pharmacies,
- ensure the accuracy of a prepared prescription,
- perform the final check of a prepared prescription and
- ensure the accuracy of drug and personal health information in patient records
An RPT may only perform these restricted activities if:
- a pharmacist has assessed the prescription, the patient, the patient’s health history and medication record and has determined that the drug therapy is appropriate for the patient, and
A pharmacist must be available to counsel the patient and to monitor the patient’s drug therapy at some point before the prescription is released to the patient.
- Completion of the Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems preferred
- Relevant post secondary education preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Available days, evenings, and weekends
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.