Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
"WE TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY" is our company's visionary statement and our
philosophy towards residents and the people who work for us.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The duty manager will nurture our "We Treat You Like Family" spirit and direct
residence operations in the General Manger and Assistant Managers absence and in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER AND ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Strong leadership skills and strong training and delegation skills
- A genuine caring for people
- Must be pleasant, friendly and courteous at all times
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Loyalty and commitment to excellence
Will provide hand on supervision of staff during their shift, will discipline
employees as required. Will have the authority to "suspend" employees pending
investigation by the General Manger and Assistant Manager. In these
circumstances a written report will be required.
Primary Responsibilities Resident Services
1. Oversee the operation in the absence of the General Manger and Assistant
2. Supervise the staff on duty and ensure that quality service and the needs of
residents are being met
3. Answer and respond immediately to emergency response system
4. Assist with pouring coffee and tea, clean in g/setting fables in the dining room.
5. Ensure that dining room is cleaned after each meal service and reset
6. Maintain good relationships with residents and their families
7. Conduct tours of property to prospective residents
1. Assist in developing and maintaining a schedule for the staff that
sufficiently meets the needs of residents and ensures proper staffing
2. Review daily communication book and add pertinent information
3. Communicate residents needs with applicable staff at change of shift or
4. Lead by example, encourage teamwork, promote our "We Treat You like
Family" philosophy, and provide assistance to staff
5. Provide an open door policy to on duty staff, addressing any concerns or
grievances they may have.
6. Assist in the training of all employees in accordance with company
policies and training programs
7. Check for birthdays and ask kitchen to get cake ready
8. Water plants when needed
9. Check for meal reservations and residents out
10. print up menus
11. plate count
12. Report any staff injuries to General Manager/Assistant Manager so they
can report to WCB
13. photo copying/faxing
14. Set up for birthday parties/parties
15. write up receipts for rent roll (about 24 of the month)
16. Check to make sure there are enough aprons/table cloths, napkins etc.
17. keep office and coffee bars tidy
18. Emergency pendant must be worn if working alone
19. do activity if activity co-coordinator away
20. Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.