Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Federated Co-operatives Limited
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring a Financial Analyst on a permanent basis at our Home Office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible to provide analysis of retail financial data to support system development and business improvement initiatives. Financial Analyst develops a high level of expertise in the design, maintenance, analysis and reporting on trends in retail financial results including comparison to internal and external benchmarks.
- Financial Analytics & Reporting Standards: As a subject matter expert on retail financial data, compile and provide comprehensive analysis of retail financial results.
- Business Intelligence: Using Business Intelligence tools and EXCEL design consistent report structures and timing to meet the needs of retails, retail operations and commodity business units.
- Industry Research: Conduct research on industry results and trends to inform retail operations benchmarks.
- Operational Best Practices: Work with FCL commodity business units to develop a plan to update and standardize retail best practices.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Finance and:
- You have a Commerce Degree with a Major in Accounting/Finance.
- You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years Accounting/Financial experience. Financial Retail Analysis experience is considered an asset. (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered)
- Having a CPA designation is preferred.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by March 6, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.