Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
City of Saskatoon
$4,009 - $4,419 a month
- Responds to telephone and in-person enquiries and determines appropriate action.
- Completes, processes, and maintains accurate records of, all departmental purchase orders, sundry accounts receivable and cash receipts.
- Organizes, and assists with, the promotion of the facility through public participation programs, media public service announcements and contacts with interested organizations.
- Reserves rental facilities, prepares contracts, receives and processes admissions, collects and processes payments, and records all transactions using an automated point-of-sale system. Coordinates functions with maintenance staff and security service provider.
- Represents the Zoo as a member of the Special Events Committee for the development and delivery of special events at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo.
- Types, formats and processes a variety of facility correspondence, tenders, manuals and reports, from written copy and electronic sources.
- Prepares a daily float and cash report, balances float and shift revenues, and prepares bank deposits.
- Initiates orders to maintain an inventory of office supplies and specified zoo materials.
- Enters data into database systems and spreadsheets, ensures the integrity of the data, and produces reports, e.g. animal health records, into animal inventory database.
- Opens and secures the office daily at designated times.
- Provides clerical support to the manager, other zoo staff, the Special Events Committee and the Zoo Foundation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Three years' diversified and progressively responsible office experience.
- Thorough knowledge of business English and math.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of a computer using MS Office and in the use of an automated point-of-sale system.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret, and make decisions in accordance with, established policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, staff, customers, volunteers and the media.
$4,008.54 to $4,419.36 per month (2018 rates)