Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
City of Saskatoon
Estimated salary $4,009 - $4,419 a month
- Responds to telephone and in-person enquiries and determines appropriate action.
- Completes, processes, and maintains accurate records of, all departmental purchase orders, sundry accounts receivable and cash receipts.
- Organizes, and assists with, the promotion of the facility through public participation programs, media public service announcements and contacts with interested organizations.
- Reserves rental facilities, prepares contracts, receives and processes admissions, collects and processes payments, and records all transactions using an automated point-of-sale system. Coordinates functions with maintenance staff and security service provider.
- Represents the Zoo as a member of the Special Events Committee for the development and delivery of special events at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo.
- Types, formats and processes a variety of facility correspondence, tenders, manuals and reports, from written copy and electronic sources.
- Prepares a daily float and cash report, balances float and shift revenues, and prepares bank deposits.
- Initiates orders to maintain an inventory of office supplies and specified zoo materials.
- Enters data into database systems and spreadsheets, ensures the integrity of the data, and produces reports, e.g.
animal health records, into animal inventory database.
Opens and secures the office daily at designated times.
Provides clerical support to the manager, other zoo staff, the Special Events Committee and the Zoo Foundation.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Three years' diversified and progressively responsible office experience.
- Thorough knowledge of business English and math.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of a computer using MS Office and in the use of an automated point-of-sale system.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret, and make decisions in accordance with, established policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, staff, customers, volunteers and the media.
$4,008.54 to $4,419.36 per month (2018 rates)