Accounting Clerk 12
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
City of Saskatoon
Estimated salary $60,568 - $66,776 a year
- Activates, maintains and terminates employee pension and group insurance files, including entry and maintenance of coverage, deduction, direct deposit, and beneficiary data.
- Prepares various group insurance premium statements, calculates remittances and requisitions payment to insurers.
- Reviews pension bank statements, calculates employer contributions and allocates contributions, interest and refunds to appropriate accounts for financial statements and custodial reporting.
- Reviews deduction summaries, balances and processes pension payroll.
- Records and files pension information in manual and automated systems.
- Communicates with employees and external institutions regarding direct deposit activation, computer purchase payments, benefits while on leave, etc.
- Prepares letters, cheques, receipts, pension refunds and T4A statements, as required.
- Assists with lost-time processing and entry.
- Performs other related duties as
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of a recognized one year post-secondary business related program, plus or including:
Introductory Accounting 1
Introductory Accounting 2
Intermediate Accounting 1
Intermediate Accounting 2
Management Accounting 1
Management Accounting 2
- Five years’ related experience.
- Experience with SAP/S4 is considered an asset
- Knowledge of payroll, benefits and accounting terminology.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial laws, City regulations and union agreements applicable to payroll and benefits.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to understand complex payroll and benefit matters.
- Skill in the use of a computer with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
$60,567.84 to $66,775.68 per annum (2021 rates)