Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
This position reports to the Business Manager.
Full time: 35 hours/week flexing within the hours of 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
The Business Administrator is at the Early Learning & Family Centre at Rosewood and responsible for the day-to-day management and operational components of the centre.
-Work closely with the Pedagogical Leader to ensure the business operations support the provision of a quality early learning program and the JUS philosophical statement.
- Welcome, interact and communicate respectfully with families including making them feel welcome and valued during registration, collection of fees and ensuring customer satisfaction with the child care services provided.
- In consultations with the Pedagogical Leader, manage the human resource responsibilities, which includes hiring, staff scheduling, and conflict resolution while adhering to labour standards.
-Support the centre to ensure that staff and child ratios are met.
-Ensure information is current and available regarding the program, policies and procedures.
-Contact and build connections and partnerships with other early learning programs in the area.
- Maintaining the facility in accordance with licensing standards and regulation.
- Invoicing and entering expenses using current software, QuickBooks for all centres.
- Manage accounts receivable and payables for all centres.
-Preparation of financial reports, including the generation of necessary reports for funders.
- Manage the financial and payroll needs of the B & A program and ensure information is accurate and current.
-Ongoing payroll management/administration utilizing Ceridian Powerpay.
- Coordinating with the school regarding any operational components.
-Attend meetings at CFS Saskatoon and with the School as required.
-Performs as an effective first point of contact for assigned work
-Creates timely and accurate information and provides effective support to the centre.
-Sets priorities for own work and meets deadlines.
- Treats all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Promptly communicates issues of importance or concern to the Business Manager or the Pedagogical Leader.
-Participates as an active and supportive member of the work unit.
-Undertakes special projects in a timely manner and delivers expected results.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments. Works to resolve conflicts and maintain harmony as needed.
- Complies with policies, procedures and relevant laws and regulations.
- Business Administration diploma or degree from a recognized educational institution with three to five years business/accounting experience.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in accounting software; as well as proficiency with spreadsheets; database management; and word processing.
-Organizational abilities; ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as strong problem solving skills.
-Astute assessment of everyday situations as they arise and an ability to manage outcomes.
-Strong ethical conduct and personal compatibility with the values of a family-serving agency.
Closing date: Wednesday, March 4
CFS Saskatoon relies on Section 48 of the Human Rights Code to give preference in employment for this position to Aboriginal people. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Business/Accounting: 3 years (Required)