Management Trainee/Branch Manager Trainee - Saskatoon and Re...
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Estimated salary $14.50 an hour
Are you looking to grow your career with a global company that is a leader in its market?
Are you ready to experience world class training – boots on the ground experience, instructor led training, in house leadership courses and the support of our leadership team (at the branch and regional level)?!
Do you have a passion for the Transportation industry, experience coaching teams and the drive to take a business solution from inception to execution?
Cervus Equipment is a world-leading equipment dealer, powered by iconic brands and unrivaled support. With 64 dealerships across Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Cervus is a global team with one shared purpose.
Its mission is focused on enabling customer success by providing practical and reliable equipment solutions and support. Customers count on Cervus to keep them moving forward, with remarkable customer service and industry-leading brands; John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Sellick, JLG, and Doosan.
At Cervus, we believe that outstanding people, combined with our committed and passionate culture, is key to our customer's success. Join our growing team and build your career with Cervus.
Our Transportation division (Peterbilt) has an exceptional opportunity for experienced managers to join our Transportation Management Trainee program in Saskatoon and Regina SK. This program will offer world class training that will include hands on experience working at the ground level, instructor led classes, factory training, in house leadership modules and the support of our leadership team (at the branch and regional level). The Management Trainee will complete a rotation through our Sales department, Sales Support, Service department, Parts department, Product Support sales, Corporate Finance, Accounting, HR, Safety and lastly, shadowing a Branch Manager before the completion of the program (which can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending on previous experience and performance). Afterwards (pending successful completion), you will get an exciting opportunity to manage your own branch within the transportation division of Cervus.
What does the role look like?
- Job shadowing and hands on training through the various departments mentioned above
- Sales department, learning the sales processes, how to quote deals, what's involved to WOW our customers as a trusted advisor to make the sale, which enables them to be more successful as a business too (which includes going on the road to farms with our Sales Reps), order equipment and manage inventory
- Service department, learning how to book in appointments, open work orders, organize the workflow in the shop, prepare estimates, understand the mechanics of our equipment (which will involve getting your hands dirty!) and how handle customer conflict (concerns and the WOW factor)
- Parts department, learn how to receive stock, how a parts room should be organized, managing inventory, ordering parts (including how to use an electronic parts diagram/JD Parts Advisor), responding to online parts requests and what it takes to become a trusted advisor!
- Product Support Sales, understand how we support our customers and provide value through service and parts (presenting good, better and best options)
- Training, learn from the best on how to take feedback to recognize an opportunity for learning, create a training plan, implement and execute (including when to do the training and how)
- Corporate Finance, our team will go through capital budgeting, capital structure, working capital, investment decisions, short and long term financial planning and the process of reporting to the
What are we looking for?
- 3 to 5 years of management experience (which would include leading a team of employees with P&L experience)
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Exposure to the transportation industry would be required
- A passion for the transportation industry
- An innovative mind to identify a business challenge, present a solution(s), implement the solution(s) and see it through to the end
Highly driven to succeed
- This is not an 8-5 job!
- Building long term relationships and increasing the customer experience are at the top of your list
- Comfortable with public speaking (presentations with large groups of people)
- Sociable personality, whether it's talking to people one on one or in large groups
- Dealing with conflict and holding people accountable comes natural to you
- Highly organized to juggle multiple priorities throughout the day
- Great communication skills, verbal and written (as you will deal with multiple departments)
- Good with computer software (Microsoft suites, excel in particular)
What's in it for you?
- World class training, hands on experience on the ground level, instructor led classes to factory training, online webinars and the support of our leadership team (at the store and regional level)
- The opportunity to join a global company with industry leading brands (John Deere, Peterbilt, Clark, Doosan and Sellick)
- Operations in Canada (AB, BC, SK, MB and ON), Australia and New Zealand with 64 locations
- Opening of a new John Deere dealership in 2020 in Nipawin, SK
- Acquisition of a new John Deere dealership in 2020 in Australia
- Previous acquisitions of 12 Peterbilt Dealership in Ontario (2014), Deermart Equipment in Red Deer (2018), opening of a state-of-the-art facility in Ponoka (2015) and much more!
- Received the Standard of excellence Platinum Oval Award in 2018 for four of our Peterbilt dealerships, for a fifth consecutive year
- An awesome benefits package, with a health care spending account
- An employee stock purchase plan, matching begins after one year
- Tuition Reimbursement
*We would strongly recommend candidates to fill out the questions in the application with detail to highlight the experience they have (clear, concise and to the point), as we will receive a number of applications*