Field Service Lead
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
Applied Industrial Technologies LP - Canada
Estimated salary $17.05 an hour
Applied Industrial Technologies is an extensive network of industrial distribution facilities located throughout Canada. We are currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Field Service Lead at our Saskatoon, SK shop location. Please note, candidates from other provinces will be considered but relocation is expected.
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day co-ordination of field service jobs for the Saskatoon Regional Shop, covering customers in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Travel is anticipated to be approximately 50% of the time, primarily in and around the Saskatoon area; dependent on business needs, some over nights may be required. Applied Industrial Technologies will provide the selected candidate with a company vehicle and fleet card for business purposes to support travel requirements.
- Work in a team environment to efficiently achieve a high standard of quality and service to Applied’ s extensive customer base
- Communicate clearly with internal and external customers and team members
- Ability to maintain cooperative and productive team relationships
- Co-ordinate and organize lubrication and fluid power field service work including, installations, repairs, troubleshooting and commissioning
- Work with shop administrator to identify parts, services and hours of work required to accurately, and profitably, quote customers on field service work
- Work with management to develop sales strategies and new business prospects related to field service work
- Work with management to ensure field service vehicles and equipment are maintained
- Work with management to ensure essential service equipment is available and service trucks are adequately stocked
- Provide guidance to, and mentor, other technicians where applicable and appropriate
- Work in a safe manner, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Responsibly manage inventory, equipment and consumables
- Field Service Duties may include:
o New project work building, assembling,
o Travel to customer site
o Out of town work
o Trouble shooting of systems and components
o Fluid Conveyance installations
o Flushing & Purification of fluids in hydraulic systems
- Other duties as required
- 5 years of Hydraulic repair experience. Preferably field service related
- Fluid Power background
- Certification in related fields would be an asset
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated, detail oriented
- Ability to read, interpret and apply codes, standards, specifications, and drawings
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured and/or critical deadlines
- Service orientated, ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate sound judgment with an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical findings in writing and verbally.
- Ability to clearly communicate work instructions to shop personnel in order to document and preserve evidence of failure.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
Applied Industrial Technologies offers competitive compensation, comprehensive group benefit plan, company sponsored RRSP/DPSP and ongoing opportunity for training and development.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK (Required)
- Hydraulic repair: 5 years (Required)
- Field Service: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Required)