General Assistant (Login Clerk)
Saskatoon - Saskatchewan (SK),
General Assistant (Login Clerk)
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Location ALS Environmental, Saskatoon
Position Type: Contract 12 months
Reports to: Receiving/Reporting Supervisor
About the Position:
The Login Clerk will work with the Receiving Team Lead, other Login Clerks and Account Managers to accomplish various client servicing activities.
- Carry out the complete sample triage and login of a client submission by: ensuring chain of custody forms are reviewed for correctness, accuracy; verifying analytical coding; sample integrity including hold times, sample containers, missing samples checks; logging samples into the ALS EvoLIMS and fixing labels to the sample containers;
- All files logged in to EvoLIMS are to be reviewed verifying client account numbers, client contacts, sample identifications, dates/times, job reference numbers, PO’s, SPO’s, COC attachments, special reporting requirements, etc.;
- Coding and entering internal COC’s;
- Adding/updating login qualifiers on work orders;
- Updating/creating account notes;
- Maintain and update client account information (i.e. contacts, addresses, locations, etc.);
- Data entry for any client provided or field parameters;
- Scan and input data into information system to track samples;
- Entering lab data for Agriculture and Environmental samples;
- Entering and reporting any additional requests for Agriculture samples in FARM;
- Ensure accuracy of the format of the final printed, e-mailed or faxed final analytical report;
- Training of staff for FARM and EVO LIMS Login;
- Assist with checking FARM sheets, Logging Agriculture samples into the FARM database, creating FARM end of day reports and update sample counts as needed;
- Assist Receptionist with walk-in clients and telephone duties as required;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, written, and reading);
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), with good computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Well organized, with the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Process oriented, with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic laboratory safety is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Ability to stand for up to a full shift;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- You may be exposed to unpleasant fumes;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online on or before March 23, 2021.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type