Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
University of Regina
Estimated salary $14.97 an hour
Community Assistants help to create a safe and comfortable environment for hotel guests and student residents. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service, student/guest check-in and check-out, processing of payments for Hospitality guests, signing out equipment, monitoring Housing spaces including conducting rounds of the buildings, identifying and reporting maintenance issues, completing a shift log and any required incident reports arising from events occurring while on shift. Performance of administrative tasks will be required along with other duties, as assigned.Position Requirements
- Must be enrolled in full-time equivalent studies in the previous Fall/Winter term, and returning to studies in the Fall 2020
- Must have a positive, customer service oriented attitude
- Must be willing and able to work assigned schedule of evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to provide a current Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the job orientation and training program
- Full-time students are preferred
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 65%
- Must demonstrate maturity in decision making and ability to follow procedures
- Comfortable working independently during scheduled shifts
- Sound judgement in the event of an emergency and/or crisis
- Sensitivity and awareness of cultural diversity issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Experience in customer service, including payment processing, is an asset
Working seated at front desk/computer station for majority of shift.
Must be physically capable to walk significant distances in order to completely rounds of buildings during shifts and/or
Shift work as scheduled, including weekends, evenings, nights and statutory holidays.Duration (if Term/Temporary) Semesterly Full-Time/Part-Time Casual Preference Posting Target Posting Not Targeted
If you require further information regarding this competition please contact the faculty/department you are apply to.
Under immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Regulations the University of Regina is required to verify that International Students are eligible to work on campus prior to being hired. To confirm this eligibility, International Students are requested to contact UR International-Student Services to obtain a “Verification of Academic Status for the Eligibility to Work on Campus” letter that must be provided to the hiring manager prior to hiring. These letters must be updated each semester and/or as circumstances change.
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University’s employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.