Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
University of Regina
$40,641 - $54,891 a year
Reporting to the MAP Academic Program Coordinator, this position oversees and monitors student progress and facilitates their success in the Faculty of Media, Art, & Performance. The incumbent is responsible for providing exemplary front-line service and responds to student needs with sensitivity, efficiency and intercultural awareness. The position tracks students throughout their program, assists students with registering in appropriate courses, and assists with convocation, tracking statistical information, and other Student Program Centre activities. As part of a team of three, the incumbent provides services to prospective, current and former students of MAP undergraduate programs.
- Guiding students, in person, by phone, and e-mail, on academic program requirements, registration, and Faculty and University policies and procedures;
- Assessing the need for and arranging academic advising;
- Resolving and troubleshooting registration problems;
- Preparing program audits and transfer-credit materials;
- Checking eligibility for, and coordinating, special approvals and permissions for invigilated and deferred exams, compassionate withdrawals and letters of permission;
- Organizing key academic processes such as convocation, academic action, Dean’s List, professional placements, student accessibility needs, archival of student records;
- Preparing agendas, minutes, and other resources for Faculty committees including Scholarships; and Admission, Studies and Procedures;
- Assisting with updating the Undergraduate Calendar and course catalog;
- Supporting recruitment activities, including generating letters/emails to potential and incoming students, participating in campus events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 supplemented by the successful completion of a recognized business course combined with a minimum of three years directly related experience; a suitable combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access;
- Experience working in complex databases such as: Banner (Student, HR, Finance) and CASPUR Reports is required; an equivalent database may be considered;
- Experience in an academic program unit is required;
- Experience in records management and information tracking is required;
- Knowledge of MAP programs a definite asset;
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be capable of exercising a considerable degree of judgment and making independent decisions;
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed work;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Monday – Friday 8:15 am – 4:30 pmDuration (if Term/Temporary) Term Ends September 30, 2020 (With the possibility of extension and/or becoming permanent) Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Preference Posting Target Posting Not Targeted
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University’s employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.