Corporate Claims Specialist
Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
Estimated salary $80,052 - $106,728 a year
Do you value integrity and innovation? How about passion and caring? Great! Us too, and that's why you'll fit right in. Our intentional culture promotes trust and participation, encouraging you to bring your heart and mind to work every day.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with management on strategies to support the efforts of Corporate Claims to provide service excellence and sustainable growth to SGI. In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a framework for measuring and monitoring of claims standards and processes. You will also develop actionable insights, recommendation and design solutions that continuously improve the claims experience for our customers, employees and partners through collaboration and innovative thinking.
Note: This section is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities – other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Policy and Process Analysis
- Analyzes information to support the implementation of industry best practices and governance in claims management and policy; including the continuous improvement of claims standards, , procedures and guiding principles.
- Performs root cause analysis to business problems and provides recommendations on potential solutions.
- Analyzes report data to identify new patterns and provide recommendations to prioritize program or policy changes.
- Collaborates with Corporate Product Management on new product development to determine the impacts and changes required to claims standards and procedures.
- Compiles and analyzes new and existing competitor and industry information in order to monitor and anticipate trends and developments in claims handling.
- Monitors and identifies regulatory changes in each region; collaborates with management on next steps and communication plan for claims operations and other impacted stakeholders
- Coordinates and/or facilitates communications related to guidelines and adjuster resources for claims standards and procedures.
- Develops reports and p findings and recommendations to stakeholders and/or management.
Claims Product Performance Management, Monitoring & Reporting
- Analyzes claims data (, procedures, stakeholder feedback, claims transactions and performance) to evaluate the outcomes of current standards and procedures and recommends areas for optimization, automation and identifies training needs.
- Performs analysis of competitor and customer information to support management in prioritization of claims initiatives, process refinements and segmentation of claims handling strategies.
- Conducts analysis and insights of business results to identify and recommend claims key performance indicators
- Assists in developing and managing change management plans for implementation of standards and procedures.
Collaboration and Relationship Management
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to obtain and provide reporting and analysis on claims performance, in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines, to identify improvement needs that are more closely aligned to customer needs.
- Participates in the review and development of new products, procedures and programs to ensure consistency in defined
- Builds a high performing workforce by actively leading human resource activities.
- Ensures development of divisional succession plans.
- Builds a culture of leadership and accountability to effectively deliver on strategic and corporate strategies, ensuring integration with and management of employee performance development and career development plans.
- Drives performance through team members and is committed to leadership development across the company, supporting employees and workforce readiness through mentoring, training and developmental opportunities.
- Ensures programs and policies are in alignment with corporate, strategic and divisional strategies.
- Manages risk in area of authority.
- Prepares, reviews, manages and/or approves departmental/divisional budgets.
- Prepares decision requests, decision and/or information items and/or SGI board items.
- Ensures that the Health, Safety and Emergency Management Policy is applied in area of responsibility, including development, implementation and managing of program components specific to departmental health and safety requirements.
- Makes decisions for departmental operations that are efficient, effective and in alignment with strategic direction and priorities.
- Ensures department and program policies, procedures and guidelines are in compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislation and regulations; implements and evaluates changes to legislation and regulations in area of authority.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of internal controls to support reliable financial reporting and compliance in accordance with applicable laws and regulations within the span of control and communicates the importance of internal controls to staff .
Education and Experience
- A four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study such as: Business or Mathematics & Applied Sciences.
- CIP designation.
- Six years’ experience in a business analytical role (i.e. performing analysis of business problems/data to identify solutions/trends).
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses, and findings
- Experience developing reports and presentations to represent information from analysis.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve or propose solutions or new approaches to business problem or needs.
- Ability to understand business imperatives and drivers, find relevant data correlations, and recommend changes that help drive the business.
- Skill in conducting root cause analysis
- Knowledge of how business procedures and internal controls interact to support corporate operations.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to connect and build business relationships
Posting Close Date:December 24, 2020