Portfolio Risk Manager
Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
Conexus Credit Union
At Conexus, it’s not what we do, it’s how we do it.
Are you ready to make a move and work for a company who puts the financial well-being of its members first? It’s not just something we say at Conexus. It’s a promise delivered by our 900 employees each day. We are passionate about our members’ financial health, and our employees reflect that passion. At Conexus it’s about more than conducting a banking transaction, it’s about creating a personalized experience for each member. We do this by keeping it simple and lending an ear to each member’s individual needs throughout Saskatchewan.
Our employees are authentic, bold, creative, and responsible. They are the reason we consistently deliver outstanding member experiences. They’re more than just individuals who come to work each day, each employee is a vital part of Conexus.
The bigger picture
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual that is comfortable working creatively both independently and as a part of the team to come on board as our Portfolio Risk Manager. As the business lead for monitoring the performance of the portfolios, you will be responsible for reducing Conexus’ risk exposure while improving the member experience and financial health.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Eliciting and compiling all available data relating to credit, loss mitigation and portfolio performance
- Creating, validating and maintaining statistical risk and underwriting models
- Creating and distributing reports with a focus on clearly identifying risks and ensuring that business activities align with our risk appetite
- Through the use of data, recommending changes to policies or business procedures to mitigate risk
- Act as the technical lead and process improvement specialist for all credit functions, gathering requirements from non-technical staff, clearly defining business improvements and representing credit functions at all meetings dedicated to implementing the improvements
The way people describe you
You easily adapt to change and welcome any new challenge that comes your way. You have a curious personality and demonstrate a strong effort to review current processes and seek opportunities for improvements. You are data-driven and focus on the numbers, while never forgetting our member’s experience. You display strong analytical qualities and the ability to think strategically. In addition, you always maintain personal integrity and corporate ethics.
The experience you bring
- 5 years of experience as a business lender or business support with knowledge of consumer lending
- Relevant post-secondary education in business, economics, computing science, engineering, analytics, mathematics or another technical discipline
- Working knowledge of database variants such as SQL
- Proficient with underwriting systems and lending processes
- Advanced EXCEL proficiency and ability to work with data tables systems
- Working knowledge of risk models including Probability of Default and Loss Given Default
- Financial statement analysis including ratio analysis and cash flow
- Demonstrable knowledge of CUDGC regulatory environment, IFRS9 and Basel III
- Credit union loan and lending policies for all product lines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to understand business priorities and align current objectives accordingly
- Ability to identify and document business and functional requirements
- Completes business process and workflow analysis and documentation
- Analytical, detail-oriented and technically astute
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with and translate the needs of non-technical business owners into technical requirements that can be developed
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Extensive Knowledge of Credit Union Act
- Understanding of Government Lending Programs
What you get in return
Our team works tirelessly to ensure the financial success of each of our members. We think such dedication deserves recognition. That’s why we’re proud to offer some of the most competitive job perks of any employer around. Come, join our crew, and find out just how sweet the rewards can be:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Industry-leading work-life balance and rewards
- Formal and informal employee development
- Meaningful work that makes a real difference in our members’ lives
So, what do you think – does this sound like you? Do you think you’re the right fit for Conexus and can rock this role? If you do, and you have the qualifications outlined above, then we encourage you to apply now. If you have questions about this position, please contact Tahnee at [email protected] But act fast, the opportunity closes on March 5, 2020.