Clerk Typist V - Fire
Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
City of Regina
Estimated salary $20.88 - $25.00 an hour
** This is a full time casual opportunity is up to six (6) months**
This position provides complex administrative support work within the Bylaw Enforcement Department. This position is responsible to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and to prepare complex correspondence and reports.
Typical duties include:
- Provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers, answer telephone enquiries and direct calls to appropriate individuals for action.
- Provide general administrative support to the Department (i.e. typing, photocopying, faxing, filing, mail distribution, supplies, travel arrangements).
- Prepare and proofread complex documents and reports which may be submitted to City Council and committees.
- Prepare and proofread various types of material for accuracy and/or compliance with corporate standards.
- Schedule meetings including booking of rooms, equipment and resources. Record, prepare and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
- Maintain and update departmental files using the corporate filing and inventory system, including sending and retrieving files located at offsite storage as required.
- Enter data into departmental databases ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of data entry and process a variety of records into various systems.
- Perform basic accounting functions including preparation of purchase requisitions and journal vouchers.
- Assemble and forward statistics to external agencies as required.
- May prepare and issue permits.
- Prepare materials for distribution to public as required.
- Handle incoming cash for miscellaneous items.
- Provide administrative support as required for special assignments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through a completion Grade twelve (12) or equivalent, coupled with standard commercial courses, and a minimum of three (3)
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and database software applications.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of office filing systems and procedures.
- Ability to design, format and /or modify lengthy, complex documents accurately and in a timely manner using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to manage and multitask workload by identifying and revising priorities in order to complete work within deadlines.
- Ability to provide clear, concise and accurate information and/or explanations to internal and external customers in response to questions, concerns and complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service through identifying issues, concerns or problems and finding solutions to achieve goals of the Divisions.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a contributing member of the team, exercising initiative and good judgement to complete work assignments and contribute toward a positive work environment.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
- Note: As per the City of Regina Criminal Record Check policy, the above position has been identified as a "position of trust". Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
Department: Fire & Protective Services
Salary Grade: CUPE Local 7 – Pay Class 6
Salary: $20.88-$25.00/Hour; $39,810-$47,665/Annum
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.