Casual Labourer - Roadways
Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
City of Regina
$23.52 an hour
Duration: The season typically runs from April to October
Hours & Conditions: These positions will be required to work non-standard hours and weekends.
Work assignment type: seasonal, full-time hours
Interviews: will be held in March
Typical duties include:
- Perform general labourer duties in the construction or maintenance areas within the City Operations Division, Roadways & Transportation Services Department
- Operate equipment and vehicles assigned to the area
- Load and unload heavy material and equipment
- Cleaning & maintenance activities
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license. A valid Class 1A driver’s license would be a definite asset
- Experience operating large and small equipment and hand tools
- Ability to perform heavy physical labour over sustained periods of time in all weather conditions
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with fellow workers and citizens is a must
Candidates will be required to provide a current Driver’s Abstract at the time of interview.
In order to assist us through the screening process, please provide answers to the following questions on your resume and/or cover letter:
- Do you have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license? Do you have 1A license?
- Do you have experience operating large & small commercial equipment? If yes, please list the equipment you’ve worked with.
- Do you have experience operating hand tools? If yes, please list the tools you’ve worked with.
- Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
- Note: In accordance with the City of Regina's Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.