Systems Analyst - Term
Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
Estimated salary $6,160 - $8,006 a month
A full-service IT shop, Celero provides complete banking solutions, IT planning, systems integration, hosting, support, maintenance and professional services to meet the unique needs of financial institutions of all sizes and delivers world-class reliability through our Canadian-based data centers, employees and operations.
Our workforce is a complementary mix of deeply-experienced professionals and enthusiastic entry-level employees, from all walks of life. So whether you're right out of university or have 30 years in the industry to your credit, we've got a spot that might be right for you. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Fitness subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- 6% matched pension contribution
- 3 weeks annual vacation leave to start
- and a full suite of Health, Dental and Disability benefits
The successful candidate will be responsible to design, develop and maintain software resources to meet the needs of Celero's client, Credit Union Payment Services (CUPS). This position is also responsible for unit testing the products developed and supporting the Business Analysts through system and quality assurance testing.
A Day in the Life
- Analyze, design, lead and implement new and/or complex systems that support the proposed business requirements.
- Identify and document software related problems, consulting with Business and Systems Analysts.
- Develop systems by means of writing new programs and systems controls or enhancing existing systems.
- Test systems and programs based on the system design.
- Support acceptance testing, including assisting business analysts or QA analysts with the execution of their acceptance test plans, resolving reported issues, and preparations for implementation.
- Support system implementation, including development and execution of a detailed technical implementation plan.
- Conduct high level options, estimates and impact analysis.
- Actively identify incidents and manage the incident resolution process to provide service
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Technical diploma from a college or recognized technical institute with a minimum of 3 - 6 years of experience.
- Understanding of systems development lifecycles and methodologies.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a related position.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Mainframe, COBOL, MVS, JCL, Control-M, CONTROL-D, ISPF, VSAM, File-Aid, SQL server, Windows Server, .Net and Oracle.
- Proven ability to gather and assess client needs and determine impact on business processes.
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience providing support that is tailored to the experience and ability of others.
We have high expectations of all Celero employees and strive to recruit applicants with the following characteristics:
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative in understanding the needs of others.
- Effectively adapts to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and shifting priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. Able to build professional relationships with peers and superiors. Able to work comfortably with both business and technical professionals.
- Ability to "think outside the box"; creativity in problem solving and applying new approaches.
- Manage multiple projects with varying complexity, priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make practical and objective decisions in situations where little guidance is available.
- Commitment to working collaboratively in a team-based organization promotes high performance work environment characterized by positive relationships, strong team orientation, and professional skill enhancement while delivering required business results. Accepts ownership of issues and shares credit for team successes.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.