Fill Crew Associate - Regina East
Regina - Saskatchewan (SK),
Estimated salary $11.45 an hour
Company: Canadian Tire
Location: 2325 Prince of Wales Drive REGINA SK CA
Posted Date: Mar 19, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 2, 2021
Salary: 11.45 Per Hour
Job Type: Full Time
Description:Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Fill Crew Associate is a member of the Logistics Fill Team and has a key role in ensuring that products are transported from the warehouse to the sales floor in an efficient manner. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse and salesfloor in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Operates computer and scanning devices for tracking inventory and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas neatly with correct merchandise.
- Secures heavy display items.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Maintains merchandise on the retail floor and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently (labeling, product facing, cleaning aisles and display areas etc.).
- Ensures that product and overstock is placed in the appropriate locations.
- Removes stock belonging to a different location and replaces damaged or expired items when necessary.
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Assists in pricing and verifying price labels as needed.
- Assists in organizing warehouse as needed.
- Readily disposes of shipping boxes, trash, etc.
- Completes necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Complies with company, store, department, and warehouse policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with
- Ability to follow direction and coaching.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Aptitude with computer technology / locating systems.
- Aptitude for online learning.
- Ability to work in other areas of the store is an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Excellent organizational and technology skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Promotions Associate, Supervisor, Warehouse Manager and Promotions Manager.
- Other retail, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 500 Canadian Tire stores across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited, and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Using lift equipment.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting and twisting above the shoulder, from the floor to shoulder, and floor to waist.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
Background Check Requirements:As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to this job
To learn more about Canadian Tire visit us at https://canadiantirestores.ca/