Sessional Instructor- INA 220 S10-Prince Albert
Prince Albert - Saskatchewan (SK),
First Nations University of Canada
SESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR INA 220 S10
INDIGENOUS LANGUAGES, ARTS AND CULTURES
202030 – FALL 2020 TERM (SEPT 2-DEC 23)
- Teaching the course content within university academic guidelines;
- Monitoring and facilitating class discussion forums and assigning associated grades to assigned cohort students;
- Preparing course outlines and final exams;
- Providing academic counselling to students;
- Invigilating, grading and submitting mid-term and final exams and papers;
- Providing support to students working on homework assignments or preparing for mid-term and final exams;
- Consulting with Department Heads on academic or student related matters as needed;
- Other related duties as per Collective Agreement as this position is a unionized position.
- Master’s degree in applicable course of interest;
- Relevant experience in teaching students in a post-secondary environment;
- Experience with remedial language teaching skills would be considered an asset;
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal);
- Be a self-motivator who can work to achieve results while ensuring attention to detail and comply with academic reporting requirements;
- Experience working in a cross cultural environment and the ability to speak a First Nations language are considered assets.
SALARY: Stipend Range based on qualifications: Sessional I is $7205, Sessional II is $7477, Sessional III is $7916
11:30 - 2:15 P.M.
Face to Face
Please note you must apply to each sessional posting separately if interested.
How to apply: Apply online at www.fnuniv.ca.
Deadline for applications is March 20, 2020. We thank you for your application. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The First Nations University of Canada relies on section 48 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment for this position; therefore please indicate your status on the cover letter.