Estevan - Saskatchewan (SK),
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking a Student Operator for our Estevan/South-East Saskatchewan field.
Reporting to the Production Foreman the Student Operator is responsible to:
- Compute and record well test data.
- Examine all the equipment to ensure it is running properly.
- Inspect flow lines from the oil well.
- Maintain good relations with land owners.
- Maintain equipment, condition of leases, batteries & work areas. Ensure they are clean, tidy, and hazard free.
- Obtain samples and readings.
- Record data and collect tickets.
- Measure pressures, temperatures, flow rates and check storage capabilities.
- Where applicable manually close and open or adjust values and pressures in an area.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Post-secondary student.
- Excellent judgement and safety conscious.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Analytical skills; Mechanical aptitude.
- Agility, endurance and the ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Good judgment and safety conscious.
- Enjoy controlling equipment, instruments and machinery.
- Work well with others and have a strong attention to detail
- Must conform to facial hair standards for wearing respiratory protective equipment as required by Enform.
If you would like to be part of a continuously growing company, please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume, along with your salary expectations by March 6, 2020.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.