Library Branch Manager
Estevan - Saskatchewan (SK),
Southeast Regional Library
Southeast Regional Library, with headquarters in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, seek a Library Branch Manager for their Estevan Public Library Branch. The Estevan Library Branch Manager is in a leadership role responsible for the effective administration and management of the Estevan Branch Library within the context of sound library principles and regional policies. The Library Branch Manager applies professional library skills and expertise in the management of the branch acting under the direction of the Library Director or designate. The Library Branch Manager is responsible for collection development, local staff development and supervision, and oversees library services and programs in the local community. The Library Branch Manager is part of the regional management team and assists in the development of regional services and initiatives. The Library Branch Manager acts as secretary to the local library board and to all committees of the local library board. The Library Branch Manager will perform public library service duties as needed.
· Manage the local library branch under the supervision of the Library Director or designate.
· Assist in the development of regional and local objectives, services and policies to maximize library services.
· Recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, discipline and dismiss staff as would be appropriate.
· Build, promote and weed collections of library materials that are appropriate to the needs of the local community.
· Manage the branch’s finances, banking activities and financial reporting on behalf of the Local Library Board.
· Work with the local library board in areas of their responsibility as per the Library Act and current regional policies.
· Build and develop relationships and partnerships in the local community.
· Under the advice of the local library board, ensure that programming addresses community needs and interests.
· Promote library services in the local community and respond to local community needs in a timely and efficient manner.
· Assist the public in the use of the library and its automated functions.
· Manage the library facility in cooperation with the local municipality.
· Implement OHS standards for safety and security of the library facility.
· Participate in regional and provincial library committees as assigned by the Library Director or designate.
· Attend approved workshops, conferences and seminars to maintain professional skills.
· Other public library service duties as needed.
· Other duties as assigned by the Library Director or designate.
A Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution; or business or related degree and enrolment in an MLIS program or commitment to work toward an MLIS is required; previous library experience of a progressively more responsible nature is desired; strong management, fiduciary and supervisory skills; sound understanding of library principles and the ability to apply these principles in a practical way to develop quality library service; working knowledge of library practices and procedures; superior interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills; superior oral and written communication skills; ability to sustain cooperative, productive relationships with staff, trustees and the general public; demonstrated ability to do basic accounting; demonstrated ability to operate office equipment including a variety of electronic devises and automated systems; possession of a valid drivers license; must provide a criminal record check; physical fitness allowing the lifting and moving of boxes of library materials (up to 20 kg).
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary and benefit package will be based on management experience, qualifications and scope of starting responsibilities. The benefits package includes ASO health plan, group life insurance, LTD, EAP and a matching pension plan.
Closing Date: open until a suitable applicant is found
We thank everyone for their interest, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Estevan, Saskatchewan is a small city of almost 11,483 people situated 200 km southeast of Regina and 20 km north of the border with the US. The area’s economy is primarily based on agriculture and petroleum. Estevan has a very dynamic population, excellent schools, and ample recreational opportunities within easy driving distance. For a closer look at the city, visit the city’s web site at http://estevan.ca.
ABOUT SOUTHEAST REGIONAL LIBRARY
The Southeast Regional Library is one of ten library systems in Saskatchewan’s one-province library system. We are a public library system covering 49,000 square kilometres and 90,000 people with 50 service points in southeast Saskatchewan. The region serves the residents of southeastern Saskatchewan with public library services through 2 full service city public library branches, 44 rural public library branches, one integrated school/public library branch, and 3 community delivery sites. Southeast Regional Library takes pride in their innovative and progressive program and delivery services and are constantly seeking to improve services to library users and community members in their region.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Library: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)