Quebec City - Quebec (QC),
ENGIE Services US
- Serve as single contact for preparation of technical, commercial and contractual submissions in collaboration with all services required.
- Manage and coordinate service proposals each day, including technical and commercial aspects, from issue of calls for tender documents to bid submission.
- Manage bid logistics, develop the schedule for the team and setting responsibilities/ expectations for the bid - who does what and when.
- Draw on personal facility management expertise, skills and resources to develop winning strategies for preparing bids.
- Coordinate and participate in drafting documents the form the comprehensive response to RFI/RFQ/RFP. Ensure the quality and compliance of service proposals within the stipulated deadline.
- Convene and facilitate start-up, coordination and approval meetings, taking responsibility for communications among all parties involved.
- Provide liaison and gather necessary information from all internal and external parties involved (HR, finance, purchasing, legal services, partners, etc.).
- Manage proposal costs and deadlines.
- Work in close cooperation with account directors for service proposals and submission documents as well as communications, discussions and client meetings during the proposal process and following its development.
- Optimize the effectiveness of the service proposal process for all service proposals internally and with related entities in North America.
- Improve the tools developed, to increase the quality of submission documents and ensure compliance with standards, guidelines and ENGIE's brand image. Requirements:
- 3-5 years of work experience in major service proposals, in facility management, mechanical/electrical building engineering or operations and maintenance (O&M);
- Experience in project management and cost estimating;
- Mastery of the following Microsoft Office suite software: Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Power-Point and Microsoft Project; Skills:
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in both French and English
- Teamwork skills, spirit of initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision, independent and organized;
- Ability and flexibility to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to organize one's own work and coordinate the work of colleagues;
- Flexibility Assest:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Project Management
- Previous experience in the field of facility management
- Experience with cost-plus or flat-fee contracts an asset; We offer:
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth;
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation;
- A diverse workplace regarding gender, age and cultural background;
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes.
- Competitive uncapped commission plan
Reporting into Bid Director, the Bid Manager is part of the BD Team and is responsible for submitting compliant response to RFI/RFQ/RFP for a variety of opportunities in North America.
The Bid Manager orchestrates the creation of a proposal (content and format) aligned with the bid strategy highlighting ENGIE's value propositions, while ensuring compliance with client requirements of the tender process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
ENGIE Services Inc. is committed to the principles of equality in employment and invites women, aboriginals, members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
As part of the ENGIE Services selection process, candidates may be asked to give their consent to a background check that is relevant to the position to be filled before receiving an offer of employment.