Travel Consultant- Loyalty Call Centre
Montréal - Quebec (QC),
Merit Travel Group Inc.
Location: Mississauga, ON or Montreal, QC
Merit Travel Group is looking for result driven individuals who have experience in travel and are looking to take their career to the next level. The ideal candidates possess superb people skills, love sales and building relationships but most of all love to sell Travel. If this sounds like you, please continue reading! As a Travel Consultant in our Loyalty division, you will become a travel expert (if you aren’t one already), on all things travel, provide world class customer service to our client base and meet and exceed monthly sales targets.
- Advise clients about a variety of destinations, travel dates, financial considerations and accommodations by demonstrating expert product and service knowledge about all things travel
- Sell travel services such as custom-built itineraries (domestic/international air travel, rail, hotel, car rentals, cruises etc.) to individuals and families
- Provide exceptional customer service and in-depth knowledge on all destinations and products offered by Merit Travel
- Participate in on-going training and coaching
- Correctly verify clients as primary or secondary account users by following operations process
- Responsible for managing all communications channels (email, voicemail and ques) and attend to the immediate needs of our clients in a timely manner
- Stay on top of all trends within the travel industry, follow and read industry magazines, travel blogs etc.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales targets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current experience as a travel consultant
- You are dedicated to the industry, and to clients
- Love to explore new destinations every year and wish to share your first-hand experience with our clients
- You have a can-do attitude, sense of urgency and are driven by results
- You are knowledgeable in working with, and continuously learning about, a variety of products/product lines and suppliers
- Comfortable building custom itineraries for all domestic, trans-border and international flights
- Customer Service Excellence is at your core! You enjoy giving advise and problem solving to make sure they have the best experience and a stress-free vacation
- You are able adaptable, love to work with a diverse group of individuals and can be flexible to meet business needs
- You are able to effectively and professionally communicate with those around you, whether it be on the phone, over email or in person
- You are excellent at multi-tasking but are meticulous and know how to maintain high attention to detail and accuracy of reporting
- You understand the importance of safekeeping confidential and sensitive data
- You are flexible with working hours to participate in a weekly shift rotation including some weekends and late nights
- Past working experience with loyalty programs or in a call centre is an asset
- Proficiency using a GDS is an asset
- TICO Certification is preferred
- Professional or educational background in Travel is preferred
- Office environment
- Rotating schedule: M-F- 8:00 am- 11:00 pm, Saturday/Sunday: 9:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Due to the nature of our business hours, you must have access to a vehicle or live close to transit in order to commute safely to the office
WE ARE A CUSTOMER ORIENTED COMPANY WHO OFFERS:
- An open-ended sales incentive program on top of your base salary and great deals on travel
- A fun, friendly and inclusive environment with perks such as educational reimbursements, growth opportunities and a great volunteering program
- Health and Dental benefits plus an RRSP match
- 3-week vacation to start
If you are looking for an opportunity to reach your FULL potential in the travel industry, meet with us to see why we’re different and what we can offer you! CLICK ON APPLY TODAY!
Internal applicants, please submit your resume through the CAREER CENTRE via your ADP account.
*We appreciate all applicants however only selected candidates will be contacted. * Please Note: As part of Merit’s Selection Process, Candidates must consent to a thorough Background Check