Tech Services Specialist
Montréal - Quebec (QC),
Bureau en Gros
PURPOSE OF JOB
Tech Services Specialist is responsible to effectively promote and sell Tech services and products, executing both in-store and in-home/business. They will install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and operating systems, partnering with the Warranty Depot/Matrix teams as required. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining sales and service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction and demonstrating quality in every aspect of work. Provides guidance, training and coaching to associates as required on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge. Dependent on store sales volume this role will effectively balance their time in Tech Services as well as direct sales floor activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
- Leads and promotes selling of technology services/products and supports a selling culture in order to achieve current goals and targets.
- Arranges service appointments, performs In Store/In Home/Business computer upgrades, repairs and setups and follows up with customers.
- Ensures high quality execution of all technology services to minimize rework.
- Provides training and coaching to associates on technology services and on the sales floor in Capital goods.
- Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate.
- Performs follow up calls to solicit feedback on sales, promote additional products and services.
- Facilitates repairs to be done by the Warranty Depot or third party repair facilities to ensure satisfactory customer service standard.
- Executes ETS procedures effectively.
- Updates management on ongoing work that may require action or follow up in their absence.
- Prioritizes time between Tech Services and the sales floor based on business needs and as directed.
- Provides coverage and assistance in the technology department where business needs require and as associate training supports.
- Understands and adheres to all privacy and information management policies and procedures.
- Properly secures company and customer assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention procedures.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, HUB, etc).
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Maintains general cleanliness of all tech room and workstations as assigned, according to company standards.
- Maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Where store market has been approved and sales volume supports, associate may fulfill In Home Service for multiple locations. Associate is required to review and sign off on agreement of the ‘In Home Services’ Guidebook and ensure their full understanding of this program prior to supporting this.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Verifiable and demonstrated skill in performing services/upgrades to all types of computers.
- Demonstrates strong selling ability.
- Ability to make appropriate product recommendations to customers.
- Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums. This involves the ability to take full ownership of the customer relationship and the ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrates leadership, and the ability to effectively train and coach.
- Ability to make appropriate product recommendations to customers and at times do so ‘in the moment’.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers. Ability to deal with multiple priorities and tasks at one time.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while handling technology equipment.
- 1-2 years of previous related experience is preferred.
- Technical system diagnostic and upgrades/repair experience is preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job: Retail Locations
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.