Specialist, Scientific Communication
Mont-royal - Quebec (QC),
- Job Details
- Support the provision, by the Drug Information personnel, of medical information to external customers by (i) developing and maintaining the medical/scientific content of the Pendopharm, PMSC and PSI brand-specific medical response documents needed to ensure timely, comprehensive, unbiased, accurate, balanced and consistent medical information on Pendopharm, PMSC and PSI products; (ii) training the Drug Information personnel in the creation of standard response documents (SRDs), including support for literature search strategies, summary of relevant scientific/medical publications, and review of the SRD drafts created.
- Create and maintain scientifically balanced and accurate Pendopharm, PMSC and PSI medical/scientific resources including but not limited to FAQ and Q&A, as needed.
- Maintain the inquiry and reference database current
- Develop and maintain a specialist knowledge regarding the body of medical/scientific information for the company key brands and competitor products.
- Act as the medical brand champion interface for brand team members.
- Research and conduct detailed analyses of the scientific literature for Pendopharm, PMSC and PSI marketed brand products, investigatory compounds, competitor products/compounds, and related disease states.
- Collect, evaluate and synthesize brand scientific insights and competitive information to share with internal stakeholders
- Ensure medical accuracy and consistency of company's advertising, promotional and scientific materials by adhering to the Pendopharm Marketing Material Review Process applied to Pendopharm, PMSC and PSI in collaboration with Regulatory Affairs
- Provide comprehensive brand & disease training presentations to internal stakeholders, including the Sales Force, and external 3rd party partners. as needed.
- Wherever applicable, work with Medical Affairs Liaisons or Medical Science Liaisons to ensure market preparation pre- and post-launch
- Support the development of medical materials needed by the Medical Affairs department for scientific exchange activities.
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs department at scientific conferences by providing on-site access to medical information as required
- Contribute to the on boarding and supervision of interns and students
- Assist with and contribute to other Scientific Communications and Medical Affairs activities, as assigned
- Fully bilingual (English & French) with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Business acumen and good understanding of commercial challenges
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and team player skills
- Problem solving, creative, analytical, detail-oriented
- Proficient computer literacy (MS-Office, Internet expertise, etc.)
- Sound scientific knowledge
- Able to search, critically evaluate and summarize medical & scientific literature as well as understand the clinical relevance of scientific information
- Practical knowledge of pharma-related rules and policies governing the provision of medical and scientific information
Skills, knowledge and abilities: