Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) (RPT 0.5)
Valley - Prince Edward Island (PE),
VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
Estimated salary $51,673 - $60,453 a year
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.5 FTE)
Program Name: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 40
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
Area of work: Annapolis and Kings County, NS
Are you passionate about helping people remain healthy and at home for as long as possible? As part of the VON team, you can make a positive impact on the lives of people in your community.
Come work with us – Make a difference!
- Reporting to the Home Support Manager, the Continuing Care Assistant is responsible for providing service to clients, in the community and clients homes, in accordance with the individual care plan
- Provides personal care as directed by the Home Support Program Manager or immediate supervisor, including assisting the client in walking, climbing or descending stairs, getting into and out of bed, eating, dressing and other matters of personal hygiene
- Perform light housekeeping duties
- Meal preparation
- Provide respite for families and care givers
- Communicates with appropriate members of the health team regarding the management of the client's or family's homemaking, physical, and emotional needs and informs an immediate supervisor or manager of any changes or concerns.
- Observe and monitor clients’ status and document client care (daily call checks, and other forms as required, to maintain the effective and efficient operation of the personal and home support service)
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
- Complete other tasks as required
- Completion of Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous related experience preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA), Home Support Worker (HSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Home Health Provider (HHP) or Home Health Aid (HHA) certification from NS
- Nurses; retired, non-active licence,
Not certified, but interested in starting a career as a CCA? There are some funding options available to you.
- The Department of Health and Wellness is providing funding to new registrations for the Recognized Prior Learning (RPL) Program for participants accepted into the program between March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2021. For more information please reach out to Cailleagh Sharple via: http://www.novascotiacca.ca/Generic.aspx?PAGE=CCA+Program+Administration&portalName=ha
- Futureworx and Peopleworx – Most CCA programs are currently being offered tuition free to qualified applicants
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.