Summerside - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Andrews Senior Care
Estimated salary $2,500 a month
At Andrews Senior Care, we have a collaborative health care model with a philosophy focused on providing excellence in care to our residents and families. We provide health care at an assisted living level, along with nursing care.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Andrews Senior Care is looking for Activities Assistants to join our team. We are looking for someone that shares our core values of CARING – in providing exception care always, is PASSIONATE – has a passion for people, PERSISTENCE – you are driven and focused on reaching our goals, and LOYALTY – you are loyal to our residents and team. The Activities Program Assistant is responsible for facilitating one-on-one activities for senior residents.
This position requires someone who enjoys working with seniors and has the ability to work with residents who may have mobility restraints, hearing and visual impairment.
This is a temporary part time position. Hours may vary from week to week.
- Work under the direction of the Program Coordinator
- Set up, lead and facilitate activities and programs
- Facilitate and coordinate, games and exercise for residents
- Ensure activities meet the social, spiritual, emotional and
- Experience providing programs for seniors would be an asset
- Experience in hands on one-on-one activities and performing for the residents
- Must be extremely outgoing, like to organize as well as one-on-one interactions
- Experience with dementia care would be an asset
- First Aid/CPR certificate or willingness to get certified once hired
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with residents, families, management and co-workers
- Must possess a positive and up-beat personality with a strong desire to keep residents occupied and energetic.
- Must be available to work mainly days and some evenings
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have your own vehicle and be willing to travel to various locations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.