Assistant Production Supervisor
Summerside - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Amalgamated Dairies Limited
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. ADL Foodservice, a division of Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL), PEI’s largest dairy and milk products process has an immediate opening for an Assistant Production Supervisor.
The Assistant Production Supervisor responsibilities include assisting Production Management in the training and guiding production staff’s performance in the production process. The role assists in ensuring the plant operates safely and efficiently to produce cheese products that meet the needs of customers and adhere to high quality standards of ADL. This role also helps create and maintain an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment while promoting health and safety in the workplace for production staff.
- Develop and update Cheese Production work sheets daily.
- Create and update Daily Work schedules for production and Packaging areas
- Monitoring Milk internal controls for Milk flow within the cheese plant
- Monitor cream flow and whey control for the cheese plan.
- Assist in the grading of all Cheese products before shipping
- Review Brine monitoring for usage and upkeep
- Works in conjunction with the Quality Assurance team, to ensure production practices align with BRC certification requirements.
- Assist in the management of the inventory of all cheese supplies, ordering supplies when needed and monitor their use in the cheese plant
- Participate and lead Daily Review Meetings (DRM)
- Supervising, coordinating, and scheduling the activities of workers of cheese packaging areas
- Ensure policy, procedures and good manufacturing practices are followed and, when required, maintain the integrity of the discipline process to ensure compliance to the regulations.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Several years of industry experience in the food, beverage or associated products processing is required.
- Training in HACCP and other food safety regulations will be considered is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to remain attentive to details
- Must be dependable and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Post-secondary or college diploma in food science, business, engineering, or operations management would be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
Human Resources Department by 3:00 pm, February 28, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent