Souris - Prince Edward Island (PE),
North Lake Boathouse Harbour Eatery
Estimated salary $13 - $16 an hour
With its nautical-themed front deck and interior restaurant and kitchen, the Eatery is housed within the original working boathouse built by North Lake fisher Ken Fraser.
Situated less than 10 metres from the edge of North Lake Harbour Beach, the Boathouse is also central to the live ‘theatre’ of one of the largest working harbours on P.E.I. – a constant curiosity of fishing captains and their crews, colourfully painted boats with names you’ll never forget, and the ever-present comings and goings of the ocean tide.
We're looking for help in the kitchen! If you like a fast paced environment and can multi-task with a smile this may be the job for you.
Your tasks would include but are not limited to:
- prepare and cook a variety of food items;
- retrieve food items from the fridge or freezer;
- keep track of food items on hand and help advise what needs to be ordered;
- wash, peel, and/or cut food items, including fruits, vegetables, and meats;
- prepare and mix ingredients for salads;
- portion or wrap food items
- weigh or measure ingredients (e.g., flour, salt, sugar, oil).
- re-fill kitchen condiment bottles and shakers;
- stack and store food supplies, equipment, or other utensils in the kitchen;
- wipe down kitchen surfaces using proper sanitizers;
- clean any used kitchenware (e.g., knives) or dishes;
- sweep and mop the kitchen floors as needed to maintain a clean working environment;
-take out trash from kitchen;
- additional duties as required and identified.
Being on your feet all day and maintaining your cheerful smile is also required.
Experience is a plus but on the job training will be provided.
Rate of pay based on experience.
Reference ID: kh2021
Application deadline: 2021-09-06
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $13.00-$16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift