Construction Project Coordinator
Slemon Park - Prince Edward Island (PE),
SLEMON PARK CORPORATION
Estimated salary $50,000 a year
POSITION TITLE: Construction Project Coordinator
REPORTING TO: VP, Property Manager
Date of Preparation/Revision August 2021
The purpose of this position is to aid the VP Property Management and the Property Manager. Responsibilities include conducting site data collection, analyzing existing conditions, developing solutions, preparing, and controlling contract documentation, preparing tender documents, and reviewing construction work to ensure compliance with contract requirements associated with building construction projects. This position also involves meeting with clients and engineering or architectural consultants to review problems that have arisen during construction and identify solutions.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Arranging and participating in meetings with clients associated with building projects.
· Discussing project requirements and obtaining information related to existing onsite physical conditions, evaluating existing building systems and components.
· Using CADD software, preparing drawings of existing buildings and sites indicating construction project requirements and methods.
· Develop detail sketches and plans required to communicate concepts to client, followed by development of construction details and documentation for inclusion in tender documents.
· Carry out analysis of construction project requirements as presented by clients in conjunction with existing conditions and budget.
· Develop potential solutions for review by professional engineers, architects and the VP Property Management.
· Monitoring, inspecting, and providing direction as required. Identify conflicts prior to construction starting. Ensure construction work (new or renovations) meets the requirements of the contract, carried out in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
· Communicating with property management staff, and contractors to arrange proper project initiation.
· Conduct inspections, supervision, and project close out compile accurate records of materials, labour and equipment utilized to complete extra work authorized on a cost-plus basis.
· Review and provide initial approval or rejection of progress claims/invoices Compile deficiency lists for corrective action by the contractors. Initiate follow up inspections to confirm corrective action has occurred to meet contract requirements.
· Ensure that adequate deficiency and mechanics lien holdbacks are maintained and approve hold back releases at the appropriate times.
· Planning and evaluating building maintenance
· Other related duties as required.
This position has no direct reports but does provide supervision and direction to crew helpers in accomplishing multiple person tasks.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Must have successful completion of Grade 12, and a graduate of a post-secondary education with a certificate or diploma in architectural or building construction technology or a university degree in civil engineering.
· Extensive experience in preparation of construction drawings utilizing CADD software, combined with development of an appropriate details and building layout.
· 2-5 years’ experience related to administration of construction contracts, building construction quality assurance, building construction methods, associated test procedures, and documentation of activities.
· 2-5 years’ experience related to assessment of building user needs, accompanied by development of concept designs appropriate to the user needs.
· Experience in operating survey instruments and computer software for word processing and spread sheets.
· Proven ability to communicate (both verbal and written) in a professional manner with contractors, users, regulatory officials and consultants.
· Must hold a valid driver’s license, provide a current driver’s abstract and have access to reliable transportation.
· Must provide a Criminal Records Check, prior to employment.
· Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Scheduled Working Hours:
Standard 40 hour per week.
$50,000 per annum plus group insurance benefits, pension benefits, long term disability, life insurance and vision insurance.
Application deadline: 2021-09-10
Expected start date: 2021-09-15
SLEMON PARK CORPORATION provided the following inclusive hiring information:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Construction management software: 1 year (preferred)