Prince Edward Island - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Estimated salary $35,000 - $80,000 a year
- Tracking the compilation of costs into various general ledger accounts
- Maintaining the sub-ledger registers that details the listing of all records entered in the module
- Reconciling subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger and resolve any resulting discrepancies
- Investigating the potential obsolescence and impairment of fixed assets
- Preparing monthly analyses on changes in the general ledger accounts and communicate findings and recommendations to management.
- Preparing weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Preparing audit schedules and resolve audit issues identified by internal or external auditors, prepare related entry adjustments.
- Ensuring adherence to corporate accounting policy and internal controls pertaining to accounting systems.
- Working with managers to monitor budget status by analyzing and tracking costs versus budget
- Developing oversight and accuracy tools to compare forecasts versus requisition data
- Assisting in preparation of annual budget and distribution of budget, edits and updates to the budget that occur during the year and responding to related questions,
- Preparing account reconciliations and analyses of balance sheet accounts
- Post-secondary education in business/commerce or project management.
- Familiarity with ERP, CMMS & fixed asset reporting systems would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports.
- Excellent decision-making skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-task team environment with strict deadlines
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
BioVectra is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.