Prince Edward Island - Prince Edward Island (PE),
COMPANY: . A&L Canada Laboratories and it’s Maritime Soil Stewardship Group (MSSG) offers clients in Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick leading edge soil sampling and agronomy services specifically tailored to the Maritime environment.
JOB PURPOSE: The Agronomy & Field Operations Assistant is responsible to support operations of A&L Canada’s Maritime Soil Stewardship Group through the provision of offered services to clients in P.E.I., Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. In addition, this position will provide administrative support and assist with marketing in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be the primary MSSG Representative in the Maritime provinces
· Delivery of agronomic services including but not limited to sales and promotion of any product or service offered by A&L/MSSG, review of fertility maps/crop plans with clients, interpretation of analysis, on-farm/in-field consulting or training, etc.
· Perform field work e.g. soil/tissue/manure sampling, planning and monitoring crop production & harvesting, plot work, calibrate machinery, etc.
· Crop scout as required to provide precise assessments of pest pressure and crop performance to evaluate economic risk from pest infestations and disease, and the potential effectiveness of pest and disease control interventions.
· Assist with duties relating to precision agriculture, such as UAVs and VR technology.
· Assist with the coordination of field work including farm/field visits, preparation of paperwork, preparation of samples for shipping, etc.
· Use the work order system to create work orders, paperwork, bag labels, maps, VRAs, invoices, etc., allowing the MSSG Manager to concentrate on increasing revenue in the core business and spending some marketing time promoting other A&L services.
· Assist with the management of the annual MSSG budget to coincide with organizational objectives related to sales and profits
· Assist the MSSG Manager to execute the MSSG marketing strategy to result in meeting MSSG business development targets. This includes coordination and development of events for marketing and educational purposes including seminars, training workshops, in-field demonstrations, etc.
· Enter employee’s hours of work into the ADP system biweekly and complete monthly expense reports.
· Ensure that Health and Safety guidelines, policies, & employee handbook are understood and followed.
· Provide weekly activity reports to the MSSG manager
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health care
- Work from home opportunities
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company car
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent