Peer Support Worker - Weekend
Hunter River - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Lennon Recovery House Inc.
Lennon House Weekend Peer Support Worker Overview of the position
Lennon House is looking for weekend Peer Support staff (male and female) who will come alongside the residents in their recovery journey to support and guide residents during their stay at Lennon House while they undergo programming and acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully transition to community living. Part time Permanent Weekend Support Worker may also help prepare residents to live independently through teaching basic life skills.
All employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement and must be discreet and discerning when working with residents. A high moral standard of work ethics will be required at all times.
· Establish trusting relationships with residents.
· Maintain a harmonious balance within the residence.
· Listen to and act upon residents’ concerns.
· Escalate concerns and recommendations to management regarding residents.
· Work with residents to complete their in-house training program.
· Write Daily Reports.
· Complete other tasks necessary to support residents (as determined by management).
· Be familiar with and abide by the Ethics and Lennon House rules as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
· In absence of management, call emergency services if required.
· Grade 12 or equivalency.
· Must have minimum 2 years recovery from addiction and be currently active in a recovery community.
· Extensive knowledge of addictions and recovery process
· Good oral and written communications skills, computer keyboarding skills, good record keeping skills.
· Ability to work well with people in need. Ability to work in a team environment.
· Help in assisting resident transition by helping them make plans for transition back in community, find employment, write resume, find housing, etc.
· Able to assist in garden work or kitchen if needed in the context of working alongside the resident in a supervisory and encouraging role.
· Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector check required.
· Driver’s license. Please note that Lennon House is in a rural area approximately 20 minutes from Charlottetown. This means that employees will need to drive in winter driving conditions to get to and from work and that emergency services’ response time will be longer than if the residence was in Charlottetown.
· Specialized training - Non-Violent Crisis Intervention is a requirement for all staff. This training will be provided free of charge to all potential employees.
How to apply: Any interested individuals with the above qualifications are asked to submit a PDF version of their cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references by email. No in person or on site applications will be accepted as Lennon House provides a secure and safe environment for residents.
Position availability: Weekend part time permanent.
We thank all applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Peer Support : 1 year (Preferred)
- recovery: 2 years (Required)
- Hunter River, PE (Preferred)