Information Security Officer - Information Technology System...
Charlottetown - Prince Edward Island (PE),
University of Prince Edward Island
Estimated salary $30.28 - $37.85 an hour
The position champions the development, implementation, delivery and support of a risk-based, enterprise information security strategy aligned to UPEI’s IT Strategy. The ISO ensures information systems strategies, projects and operations comply with information security. This role provides information security resources expertise, guidance, and knowledge necessary to execute strategic and operational plans across all of the university information systems.
The primary focus of this position is to develop an organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risk to systems, people, assets, data, and capabilities. The ISO will develop and implement appropriate safeguards to ensure delivery of critical services. The ISO will support the ability to limit or contain the impact of a potential cybersecurity event while developing the implementation of resilience plans to restore
- University degree and 5 years’ work experience in Information Security (Masters preferred).
- One or more of the following certifications: (GIAC Security Essentials Certification, GIAC Security Leadership Certification, ISACA Certified INformation Security Manager, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security, (ISC)² SCCP, (ISC)²CISSP or (ISC)²ISSAP)
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design.
- Extensive experience in creating and managing enterprise security policy, procedures, and practices.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Experience in managing a staff of 2 to 5 individuals as well as operational and capital budgets.
- Experience in developing Technology Recovery Plans.
- Experience in securing all layers of information technology.
- Working knowledge of Fortigate, QRadar, Microsoft MFA, CISCO DNA., CISCO ISE, CISCO Firewall, Barracuda, Azure would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Web development platforms, database design, and technology service planning.