Charlottetown - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Estimated salary $14 an hour
Murphy Healthcare is a healthcare group that owns and operates pharmacies, medical centres, and retirement homes in Eastern Canada. This dynamic, growing and award-winning organization prides itself on providing exceptional care, always. Murphy Healthcare has been in operation for almost 40 years and is a multi-national award winner in health promotion, patient care, innovation, pharmacy design and charitable work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Murphy’s Pharmacies is looking for a Full-time Pharmacy Assistant to join our team in West Royalty. We are looking for someone that shares our core values of Care – We are here to help. Collaboration – We are better together. Community – We are committed to building healthier communities.
To ensure your success in this role we provide a structured training program. Our Training Lead will provide you with activities, assignment of responsibilities and defined goals.
Murphy’s Pharmacies is proud to offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
- Assist the pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of prescriptions.
- Order prescription medications, diabetes supplies, and behind the counter OTC medications and receive/verify incoming pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain client and drug information files and gathering of all necessary information while ensuring the completeness of information.
- Third party insurance billing and reconciliation.
- Provide knowledgeable and exceptional client care and customer service.
- Greet clients and acknowledge waiting clients, offer assistance. Ensure service is maintained at levels above industry standards.
- Assist with client consultation via telephone.
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing all cash register transactions
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with clients in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provide excellent and informed client care.
- Self motivated, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Experience working in the dispensary and very strong track record for accuracy in all dispensary duties, as well as a solid understanding of dispensary computer systems is preferred.
- Display excellent reliability, initiative, and team work. Must be available to work a rotation of days, evenings and weekends
- Physical requirements: standing/walking for extended periods of time; repetitive movements; lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Preference will go to internal candidates.
Murphy's Pharmacies are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.