Charlottetown - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Estimated salary $13 an hour
Murphy’s Pharmacies has been building healthier communities across Prince Edward Island for over 35 years.
We are proud to offer pharmacy and health services at our independent pharmacy locations and to be multiple national award winners in the areas of pharmacy design, health promotion, patient care, innovation, and charitable work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Dispensary Cashier to join our team at our Parkdale location. The position requires a professional that is personable, patient and demonstrates an ability of being calm under a variety of situations.
This is a full time position in a fast-paced, busy environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, including Group Medical coverage and company Pension Plan.
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing all cash register transactions in a courteous, prompt and accurate manner, including following all company accounting procedures.
- Recognizes pricing errors and notifies the Head Technician so corrective action can be taken.
- Third party insurance billing and reconciliation.
- Acknowledge waiting customers and provide information on wait times.
- Perform daily counter filling, stock rotation, facing up, and cleanliness of merchandise and fixtures, including patient counseling areas and prescription drop-off and pick-up counters.
- Maintain client and drug information files and gathering of all necessary information while ensuring the completeness of information.
- Provide knowledgeable client care and customer service with respect to product location, selection and information.
- Is consistently
- Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of client records and medical information.
- Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and clients.
- Other responsibilities as outlined by the Managing Pharmacist and/or Head Technician.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with clients in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provide excellent and informed client care.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Experience working in a pharmacy or retail environment with proven ability to work on cash and processing payments.
- Display excellent reliability, initiative, and team work.
- Physical requirements include: walking/standing for extended periods of time; repetitive movement; lift/push/move up to 20 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Murphy's Pharmacies is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.