Charlottetown - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Garden Home is looking for a dependable and hardworking individual for a temporary, part-time maintenance assistance position. The successful applicant of this position will assist the maintenance department in completing duties such as: painting rooms and hallways, moving furniture and equipment, maintaining the grounds by mowing, trimming, weeding, and other general maintenance tasks as required.
Candidates will be screened for Covid-19 safety before interview.
JOB DEMANDS :
- Strenuous physical activity involved (walking, standing, lifting, pushing, etc.)
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, ect. 40 pounds
- On feet most of the workday
- Pushing, pulling, and moving equipment, furniture, supplies, etc.
- Understanding and adherence to infection control guidelines is a priority, as Garden Home is a healthcare
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to follow oral directions
- Ability to cooperate with other employees
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions
- Economical use of supplies, and care for equipment used
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision or other employee assistance after the training period is completed, and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.09 /hour
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Charlottetown, PE (Preferred)
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check (Preferred)
- English (Required)