People and Culture Manager
Charlottetown - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Dosecann Cannabis Solutions
Estimated salary $14.25 an hour
- Embody Auxly’s and Dosecann’s business mission and strategy, and act in a responsible, ethical, and honest behaviour while consistently leading by example.
- Be a strong and empathetic People Leader: Inspire autonomous decision making, drive talent development, set goals and objectives for direct reports and support them in achieving individual and team progress.
- Lead, mentor, and coach the Dosecann team while creating a culture for organic succession planning. Provide strategic People and Culture advice, and counsel to Dosecann staff and senior management team including coaching, leadership development, performance management, and employee relations to create a culture for organic succession planning.
- Develop trusting working relationships within Auxly’s multi-site framework, the central support team at Auxly, and direct reports to promote learning and development and give timely constructive feedback as and when required to aid in employees’ professional development.
- Influence decision making and present to senior management on all People and Culture programs, policies, and initiatives in conjunction with Auxly's People and Culture strategy.
- Through a continuous improvement lens, advise and guide senior management in areas of organizational structure, job evaluation, total rewards, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on local employment laws and regulations.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights and performance metrics to enhance People and Culture programs and initiatives; research, recommend and implement new policies and programs related to People and Culture.
- Develop and manage a Co-Op and internship program to attract robust talent from surrounding academic institutions.
- Oversee and manage site-level performance management and review processes for
- Must be a disrupter of all things status-quo; possess an intrinsic passion for People and Culture, learning, and providing stellar solutions to complex problems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in a people leadership role.
- Ability to develop trusted partnerships and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian labor laws, employment, and HR policies and legislation (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, Health and Safety, Cannabis Act, etc.).
- Possess a strong business acumen, with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member managing multiple priorities in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills - must be able to handle multiple assignments, projects and priorities and deliver excellent results.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal); exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, solid analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, ADP Workforce Now, and experience working with an ATS (iCIMS).
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a sense of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology, or closely related field.
- Previous experience working in a multi-site organizational framework with remote reporting.
- Previous experience in a large-scale growth start-up.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and/or research and development environment.
- Previous experience using ADP and iCIMS.
Dosecann is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.