Virtual Team Leader
Charlottetown - Prince Edward Island (PE),
The primary function of the Team Leader is to provide world class leadership for front line call centre employees with focus on developing them to their maximum potential. The Team Leader supervises and coordinates the day to day activates for their teams to ensure that various business needs are met and that Key Performance Indicators have been achieved. Team Leaders will attain these goals, through the deployment of a variety of coaching techniques and communication strategies that emphasize the development of staff and customer satisfaction. They will lead by example and help create an enviable and energetic workplace that places emphasis both on client and employee satisfaction.
HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBLITIES include the following however other duties may be assigned.
Responsible to supervise the activities and provide leadership to a team of front line call centre employees in order to develop them to their maximum potential and ensure that business objectives are met.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of all performance, quality standards surrounding product and/or service offerings provided by the client.
- Provides leadership which fosters open communication focusing on “Making a Difference” and enhances the employee experience enabling them to reach their maximum potential.
- Engage employees in an open and consistent manner in order to develop strong relationships which create and foster brand loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and direct the day to day activities of front line staff ensuring that all business needs are met.
- Carry out performance measuring on defined KPIs, monitoring, and evaluation of all assigned front line staff ensuring that the standards of job performance have been met. Performance measuring must be carried out within the intervals as defined by the operational requirements of the account.
- Review employee performance for coaching/training opportunities and engage in the appropriate development action to close any identified gaps so that the employee may reach their maximum potential. All assigned employees must be coached on a regular and frequent basis as defined by the operating requirements of the account.
- Ensure that all team members have the appropriate support required and that they have received the training needed to apply the best skills and knowledge to the job.
- Engage in constructive measures as defined by policy in order to correct any performance or other activities engaged in by the employee which do not meet the standards of job performance or comply with company policies.
- Ensure that all assigned employees receive scorecards and performance reviews within assigned time frames which comply with company policies.
- Act as a subject matter expert for front line staff by answering questions, assigning tasks, and by following up and giving direction as needed.
- Participation in weekly meeting and conference calls.
- Responsible to engage in various internal development opportunities in order to maintain and improve on knowledge surrounding quality processes and product/service information.
- Practice and ensure compliance with all organizational policies and procedures in order to uphold business integrity.
- Communicate strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats (S.W.O.T.) to management.
- Performs frontline duties as required.
Responsible to monitor and evaluate designated types of customer interactions to identify trends in service delivery and coaching opportunities. Customer interactions can include, but are not limited to inbound and outbound telephone calls, emails and chat sessions.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of all client products, service requirements, and quality standards
The Team Leader is responsible to supervise one (1) to twenty (20) employee’s. They are responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit ensuring that performance meets the standards of job performance as outlined by the operational need of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLs
**Must be able to confirm your internet speeds of a minimum of 25 Download and 10 Upload
- Possess the ability to adapt and be innovative with ideas, create concepts and visualize deliverables.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to work collaboratively with individuals from other departments.
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills which focus on employee retention and recognition.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows; strength in associated office productivity software tools Vis-a-Vis MS Office (i.e.: Word, PowerPoint,) with core competencies in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be self-motivated possessing very good time management and exceptional communication skills.
- Creative problem solver who is able to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Passion for excellence, strong work ethic, and solutions orientated.
- Methodical approach, detail oriented, and highly organized.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in both official languages (French/English) would be an asset.
- Must possess passion for making a difference within a fluid and dynamic team experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months of employment experience in which this position will be assigned.
- Previous experience within a supervisory position would be an asset.
- Experience in identifying and managing business requirements would be an asset.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry, knowledge of its products and services would be an asset.
- Previous BPO experience and have managed virtual/wah agent teams 2+ years and have previous virtual working experience
- Completion of post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in Business Administration or relating field would be an asset.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Travel may be required.